WELCOME TO THE Lauf PUBLIC LIBRARY
The Lauf Public Library offers more than 40.000 media, including books, magazines, audio books, DVDs, BluRays, CDs and ebooks.
If you are searching for a particular book or if you want to know if a certain item is available you can look it up in our OPAC – Online Public Access Catalouge.
Information and contact
Lauf Public Library
91207 Lauf an der Pegnitz
|Monday 02:00 pm – 06:00 pm|
|Tuesday 02:00 pm – 06:00 pm|
|Wednesday 09:00 am – 02:00 pm|
|Thursday 02:00 pm – 07:00 pm|
|Friday 02:00 pm – 06:00 pm|
|Saturday 10:00 am – 01:00 pm|
Vital Information about the library
- special media for language learning
- Music sheets
We also provide books in plain language.
- The library is opened for 6 days a week
- There is a huge chargable parking lot directly in front of the library
- A returning flap for the borrowed media that is opened for 24 hours
- 4 public, free internet computer
- free wifi access
- Readingcafé with beverages
- The outdoor area contains a reading terrace
Event and education offers
- On the first floor of the library there is a quiet area that can be used for studying
- From time to time we have exhibitions
- library tours for schools and other groups
- special offers for learning institutions
- Author readings, special activities for children, monthly reading hours and cultural events during the whole year.
- Every year in November there is the event „Laufer Literatur Tage“ on which, various authors give readings.
- A toilet for the disabled
- A diaper-changing table
- An elevator
- reading glasses
Frequently asked questions
Where can I get a library card?
You can get your library card at the information counter on the first floor.
What documents are required for the library card?
For the registration you need a valid ID-Card or Passport.
Vital information for minors under the age of 16: In addition to the documents above, your parents or your legal guardian have to sign the registration form as well.
How much are the membership costs?
You can use the library for free.
Are there any additional fees?
There is an overdue fine if you are over the loan period. This overdue fine is 2€ per book/magazine per week and per CD/DVD/Blue-Ray/CD-Rom/Wii/special media for language learning 2€ per day.
Every preorder of a book costs 1€ and the replacement of your library card costs 5€.
How long are the loan periods?
Books: 4 weeks, renewals: 2 times for 4 weeks
Movies, Audiobooks, CDs, magazines, games, tonies: 2 weeks, renewals: 2 times for 2 weeks
How can i renew the loan period?
You can contact us under the number 09123/184-4040 or under our mail adress email@example.com.
You can also renew the loan period during your visit at the library. Therefore you just need to tell the staff for which items you want a renewal.
I have lost my library card, what should I do now?
Notify us immediately so we can block the card.That means that nobody is able to use your library card anymore.
A library card replacement costs 5€.
I have lost a book, what should I do now?
Notify us first so we can search together for a solution. Usually you have to pay for the lost book or buy a replacement.